About Wall Street English
The world is full of people who have dreams – dreams of a successful career, dreams about moving abroad, dreams about traveling to far off places. At Wall Street English, we help people realize their dreams. We teach English. By learning English, a door of opportunity opens up for people. By learning English people open the door to a new future.
We have been learning partners to over 3 million people, and have been passionate about teaching English since 1972. Our method is proven and aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), the global standard for language acquisition and education. We have a current enrolment of 175,000 students.
We have over 400 learning centres in 28 different countries across the globe. Our centres offer a full English immersion experience and a unique Blended Learning Method available online, in our schools or a mix of both to help each student reach their fullest potential. We have corporate offices in Barcelona, Chennai and Hong Kong.
Location - Tunisia
Department - Service
As a Teacher you play a central and pivotal role in the success of our Student’s journey to acquire the English language. You are a fundamental part of the Service Team, comprised of Qualified Teachers, Personal coaches and Receptionists and work in synergy to ensure that each Student experience is premium and exceptional in every way.
You will directly contribute to the Students’ learning by preparing and teaching fun, interactive, and dynamic classes. Your natural teaching ability will guarantee that the Student is successfully acquiring English throughout their course and can communicate effectively in accordance with their level. You’ll inspire and motivate Students with your constructive feedback as they progress through their course and have the privilege changing their personal and professional lives.
Reporting to the Service Manager, all Teachers at Wall Street English are supported and nurtured to help develop professionally and are encouraged to attend ongoing training and skills development seminars. By joining Wall Street English as a Teacher you will become part of a global family that offers you international career development opportunities that will take you on an amazing employee journey.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Includes the following:
- Responsible for planning and delivering interactive, fun and dynamic classes to students at every level in order to guarantee that Students are successfully acquiring target language
- Ensuring you consistently inspire, motivate and support students in reaching their personal learning objectives
- Acting as a mentor to new teachers by providing support and advice during their integration
- Ensuring that the Wall Street English methodology is consistently applied
- Ensuring that your Centre is always warm, welcoming and tidy for your Students
- Actively promoting Wall Street English as a premium provider of English Language Teaching
- Continuously developing your skills as a teacher through new product training and carrying out the personalized training paths assigned to you by your manager
You work primarily in the classroom, where you teach interactive classes to facilitate a student centered learning environment for your Students to progress successfully. Your specific teaching duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach core Classes (Encounters) comprised of a maximum of 4 Students
- Teach Complementary Classes and ensure that Students practice their newly acquired skills
- Design and deliver Social Clubs/English Corners, that meet the personal interests of Students and drive a community spirit within and outside of the Center
- Ensure that all classes are well prepared for, through the development of lesson plans
- Provide feedback and motivation at the end of Classes in accordance with the Method
- Encourage Students to continue practicing, learning and building friendships with fellow Students in the local and global network
- Contribute to Students learning and the local and global community of Students
- Celebrate Students’ milestones and success in-center and online
- Administer results of Classes in the Learner Management System (Core Course) at the end of every shift
- Attend skills development seminars, and Service and General staff meetings
The above statements are a snapshot of the role and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required.
Technical skills and Qualifications:
- Native or bilingual speaker of English
- University degree
- CELTA or equivalent certificate in TEFL
Nice to have:
- Adaptability with the ability and willingness to work with different cultures and values
- Willingness to grow within the company and a real desire to work globally
- Willingness to learn and develop professionally
Competencies essential for success in the role:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Patient, responsible and empathetic
- Passionate about teaching English and changing students’ futures
Experience & Background:
- Teaching experience (preferred)
- Professional attitude and well presented
Key result areas / Critical Success Factors:
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Motivate Students who are behind their learning goals to commit and recuperate
- Build consistent study habits through correct advice and mentoring for Students
- Show flexibility by working shifts that suit Student needs
- Work with a diverse team (religion, ethnicity, culture, beliefs)